What are Expert Site Tools?
Expert Site Tools give you your own intuitive control panel which allows you even more control over your: website files, databases, security, caching, domains, emails, staging, and a lot more. This hosting add-on is a must have for our fellow techies. Below is a complete overview of the different tools that are available with this powerful add-on.
- File Manager – Have full access and control over all your website files using a simple visual interface.
- FTP Accounts – FTP is a file transfer protocol that allows you to transfer files between your website and your computer. You can create different FTP accounts for different users and roles within your organisation. This is essential when you need advanced management and control of who has access to your website files.
- Application Manager – Easily install popular web applications in just a few clicks.
- MySQL Manager – Use phpMyAdmin to easily access and manage all of your databases, run MySQL queries or execute other database management commands.
- PostgreSQL Manager – PostgreSQL is an open-source object-relational database system that uses and extends the SQL language combined with many features that safely store and scale the most complicated data workloads.
- Backup Manager – Create manual backups and restore your automatic backups if something goes wrong.
- Staging – Create, manage and deploy staging copies of your WordPress sites with a few easy clicks. This is essential for ensuring that you don’t break your live website when making changes.
- SSL Manager – Use the SSL Manager to easily install different SSL certificates, import existing ones, and manage all active certificates for your site in one place.
- HTTPS Enforce – Use this tool to enforce your website to work over an encrypted and secure HTTPS connection. The HTTPS redirect is performed on a server level and works for any website with active SSL.
- Protected URLs – You can easily limit access to specific URLs on your website with the Protected URLs tool. Here you can specify which URLs you want to password protect and manage the users that have access to them.
- Blocked IPs – There are cases when blocking an IP can significantly improve your website’s performance or even prevent it from being hacked.
- SiteScanner – Perform your own on demand scans of your website or setup comprehensive daily scans to detect domain blacklisting and malware.
- SuperCacher – There are 3 different caching options for maximum optimization of your websites. When caching is set up properly your site can handle 100x more hits than a regular website without any caching.
- Cloudflare CDN – A Content Delivery Network (CDN) securely distributes your content across a global network for more consistent delivery and up to 50% faster page loading.
- Parked Domains – Parked domains are additional domains that can be used to reach your site.
- Subdomains – Create subdomains to organize your site into different sections or create smaller subsites of your main one.
- Domain Redirects – Domain redirects are used for forwarding one URL to another. This can be useful in a number of cases – redirecting a URL of a no longer existing page to a live one; temporary redirecting traffic from a page you don’t want users to access; SEO purposes and more.
- DNS Zone Editor – The Domain Name Service (DNS) is a system that translates human-readable domain names into IP addresses. (Dedicated IP required)
- Email Accounts – Project a professional image of yourself and your business with an email that matches your site’s name. (Dedicated IP required)
- Email Forwarders – Use forwarders to easily redirect emails from one mailbox to another. (Dedicated IP required)
- Email Autoresponders – Set up autoresponders to notify senders that you’re out of the office, unavailable or simply need some time to get back to them. (Dedicated IP required)
- Email Filters – You can create custom filters for automatic forwarding, sorting, discarding emails and more.
- Email Authentication – Email Authentication enables you to set up rules preventing email spoofing. (Dedicated IP required)
- Spam Protection – Spam Protection by SolarWinds Spam Experts filters your incoming and outgoing emails and helps you eliminate spam.
- Traffic Statistics – Get valuable information about unique visitors, pageviews, visitors browsers and preferred search engines, as well as keywords that have been used to bring traffic to your website.
- Error Logging – The error log displays the 300 most recent errors that have occurred when accessing your website over HTTP or HTTPS. Reviewing the error log can be useful for troubleshooting broken links, files and other errors.
- Access Logs – In the access log you can see who has visited your website recently. Reviewing the access log can be useful to monitor suspicious activity on your website and get visitors information.
- Git – Create a Git repository of your application so you can reap all the benefits of modern version control.
- Cron Jobs – With the Cron Jobs tool you can automate commands or scripts on your site. You can set up scheduled tasks to run at a specific time or time interval.
- PHP Manager – You can check the PHP version for each of your applications and easily change it to the latest/most stable version.
- SSH Keys Manager – SSH provides secure access over an encrypted connection to your site.